Spiced Seitan Couscous
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Source: Modified from Lamb Couscous
The recipe I use for seitan is here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 250g seitan (about a quarter of the seitan recipe)
- 0-1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 ml stock (made with 2 tsp stock concentrate)
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- Fry the onion in the oil for 5-10 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the seitan and fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the spices, stock, tomatoes, and carrot. Add extra water to ensure everything starts off covered.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Add the courgette and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with plain couscous.