Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
Source: Family recipe
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- sweet smoky paprika, to taste
- mixed herbs, to taste
- 250 g halloumi
- new potatoes for 2 people, cut into smallish chunks
- olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Boil the new potatoes in salted water until just about cooked.
- Put the new potatoes into a roasting dish, drizzle olive oil over the top and mix to coat.
- Bake until the potatoes are crispy, turning them over reasonably often.
- Meanwhile, empty the tomatoes into a frying pan. Fry with the tomato paste, paprika, and herbs, until thickened.
- Add the tomato sauce to the roasting dish and turn to coat the potatoes completely. Tear up the halloumi and dot over the top.
- Return to the oven at 200°C until the halloumi is browned and crispy.