Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Source: Collection of old Carrier's Kitchen magazines
- 110g / 4½oz butter or margarine
- 75g / 3oz Demerara (light brown) sugar
- 9tbsp golden syrup
- 330g / 12oz rolled oats
- a large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Grease a 11×7" cake tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar, and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rolled oats, about a third at a time. Stir in the salt.
- Turn the mixture into the tin and flatten it down solidly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the top of the flapjack is golden brown.