Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Adapted from: Own recipe
Rice-stuffed peppers never really worked for me, and I discovered that some people use couscous instead. This worked really well, even with green peppers!
- 1 large or 2 small peppers
- 90 g couscous
- 150 g passata
- 15 g toasted pine nuts
- 6 olives
- 25 g feta cheese, cut into small dice
- basil leaves, to taste
- Halve the pepper or chop the top off, depending on your preference, and deseed.
- Microwave the pepper for 5 minutes. Skin if desired.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous in a small saucepan with the passata. You may need to add some water if all the passata gets absorbed.
- Mix in the pine nuts, olive, feta and basil.
- Spoon the couscous mix into the pepper. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.