Cooking time: None
Adapted from: Own recipe
Makes about 30.
- 130 g double cream
- 130 g 50% dark chocolate
For the ganache centre:
- 230 g 50% dark chocolate
For the chocolate shell:
For the ganache:
- Melt the chocolate in a medium bowl
- Separately, bring the cream to the boil.
- Stir the cream into the chocolate; continue to stir until it has fully combined.
- Leave to cool until solidified, optionally in the fridge.
To make the centres:
- Use a ½ tsp rounded measuring spoon to scoop out 30 individual balls that are roughly spherical. Place on a tray covered with cling film.
- Alternatively, use your hands to roll small balls onto the cling film, but this is very messy!
- Place the tray in the freezer and leave to freeze completely - the balls should not be compressible. This will take a few hours.
For the chocolate outer shell:
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl, ideally one without too flat a bottom.
- One at a time, drop the frozen centres into the chocolate and fish out reasonably quickly with a spoon (the ganache will start to melt after a moment). Place back on the freezer tray.
- You may need to re-freeze the centres part way through if they begin to melt too easily
- Leave at room temperature before eating. (Test one before serving to make sure the centre has fully defrosted!)