Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Adapted from: CacaoWeb.net
These rather predictably went down very well at work when I took some in.
- 170 g butter
- 300 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 90 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (gas mark 4).
- Line a 30×20 cm cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat eggs with sugar, and add the vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder and melted butter.
- Add chopped nuts, if using.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through (test with a knife or toothpick).