Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
These rather predictably went down very well at work when I took some in.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g / 3oz chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 33cm × 22cm / 13" × 9" cake tin with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat eggs with sugar, and add vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder and melted butter.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake. Dust with icing sugar.