Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Source: Elizabeth at Allrecipes.co.uk
Each cookie ends up about 10 cm across. The cookies will stiffen more after being removed from the oven, so don't worry if they come out looking a little squidgy.
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 100 g dark brown soft sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 125 g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 g dark chocolate chunks
- Melt the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Discard about half the egg white.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl, mix well.
- Mix in the flour, bicarbonate of sofa, and salt.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mix onto baking trays lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 170°C for 12-15 minutes.