Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Adapted from: Elizabeth at Allrecipes.co.uk
Each cookie ends up about 10 cm across. The cookies will stiffen more after being removed from the oven, so don't worry if they come out looking a little squidgy. For vegan, use vegan butter, and substitute the egg for 7g of flaxseed meal soaked in 25g water (a "flax egg") and ignore the step to discard half of it.
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 100 g dark brown soft sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 125 g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 g dark chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Discard about half the egg white.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl, mix well.
- Mix in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mix onto baking trays lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 170°C for 12-15 minutes.