Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Source: River Cottage Veg Everyday, page 202
- 15 g butter
- 2 large leeks, or 4-5 small leeks
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 50 g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- Chop the leeks by halving and then slicing.
- Fry the leeks gently in the butter until softened. Add the thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream and then remove from the heat.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Pile the mix on top of toast or a jacket potato.
- Optionally, grill until the top is bubbling and browning.