Castillian Hot Chocolate
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Warning: This mix takes a long time to cool down, even in a mug. Take small sips until you know it won't burn your throat on the way down! This recipe is produces a very thick hot chocolate. It's suitable as a chocolate custard recipe too.
- 35 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 35 g sugar (to taste)
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 60 ml water
- 500-600 ml milk (enough for two cups)
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar together.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the water and combine with the cocoa-sugar mixture in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir until it is a smooth paste.
- Begin heating the mixture, stirring continuously. Gradually pour in the milk, and continue to stir as you bring it to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. The hot chocolate is ready when it thickens and is glossy and smooth.