Carrot and Coriander Soup
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours
Source: BBC Recipes
I make this much thicker than the original recipe called for; as such 'soup' probably isn't the best name for the thick liquid you end up with, but whatever it is, it goes great with granary bread. This makes about a week's worth, which you can freeze if necessary.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 onions
- 2 kg carrots
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 2 l strong chicken or vegetable stock
- fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Chop up the onions and cook on a low heat.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and slice thickly. Add to the onions.
- Stir in the ground coriander.
- Add the stock and season to taste (I like lots of black pepper).
- Simmer for about an hour until the stock no longer completely covers the carrots.
- Blend the soup until smooth. This will probably need to be done in batches.